Be part of the conversation and collaboration to develop more equitable solutions that address barriers preventing access to high-quality care and improved health outcomes.
Proposals from experts in the field will present leading-edge tactics and thought leadership in an assortment of meeting sessions that particularly focus on the content areas listed below.
Building Authentic and Sustained Community Engagement and Partnership
Understanding and Meeting Individual Health and Social Needs
Establishing Systematic and Shared Accountability and Building Diverse Leadership and Governance
Creating Equitable and Inclusive Workplaces
Other Emerging Topics
Submitted proposals will be evaluated by a panel of experts according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated impact — Highlights the collection and use of data to drive action and measure results. Shows the outcomes or impact on advancing health equity, both in terms of successes and failures.
- Collaborative — Integrates the patient and community voice and showcases the effectiveness of working with different organizations to reach a common goal.
- Application to practice/transferable — Showcases models and tools that can be adapted and presented to audience members’ own hospitals, organizations or community settings. Focus on the “how” vs. the “why.”
- Innovative — Extent to which the program or initiative displays innovation or originality.
- Sustainable and scalable — Highlights sustainable and measurable practices that can be scaled beyond a small pilot.
- Relevance — Extent to which the proposal addresses the conference theme and selected content area.
- Clarity — Extent to which the proposal offers a clear description of the proposed session and practice-oriented learning objectives.
PLEASE NOTE: To preserve the integrity of the conference experience, AHA has a policy of not selling services, products or future consulting assignments during presentations. All accepted breakout session presenters will be asked to sign a faculty agreement that includes this policy.
Submissions that feature vendors or consultants as presenters may not be reviewed. If your organization is interested in designing a breakout session or pre-conference workshop, please view the Sponsor Opportunities page.
Submission Process & Timeline
- You may create and submit multiple submissions.
- Submissions will not be considered if sent outside of this electronic submission center.
- Materials submitted must be original, with all external sources referenced.
- You may have up to four speakers per session. You must notify anyone you list as a co-speaker about their involvement in your submission!
- You will receive an automatic email with a confirmation receipt of your submission.
- A team of volunteers and staff will review all complete submissions.
All submissions will be evaluated by AHA, and presenters will be notified of their acceptance status by early December 2023. If selected, your name, biography, presentation title and session details will be made available on the Accelerating Health Equity Conference website and conference mobile app by March 2024. Conference attendees will receive your presentation via the mobile app. AHA membership is not required in order to present.
We anticipate receiving more high-quality proposals than we can include in the conference agenda. We may contact you about featuring the proposed content through another component of the conference or share the proposal with AHA colleagues seeking additional educational content for 2024.
All presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodation expenses and registration fees for the conference. Confirmed presenters will receive a discount code to register for the conference at a rate of $525.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have submitted on behalf of a group, please inform the selected speakers about the discounted rate. If your organization wishes to pay registration for speakers in your session, we can help facilitate that on the back-end.
|Proposal Submissions Due All proposals must be submitted electronically.
|Tuesday, September 26, 2023
|Notifications Sent AHA will notify all applicants of their application status via email.
|Early December 2023
|Speaker Agreement Due All presenters of accepted sessions will be required to fill out the speaker agreement form via Cvent to confirm participation in the conference.
|January 10, 2024
|Session Facilitation AHA staff and/or the conference education committee will connect with session speakers and provide any needed support and answer logistical questions.
|Session Details Confirmed The conference agenda is scheduled to go live in March 2024. Therefore, one presenter will need to approve and finalize session details (title, description, speaker names, etc.) via Cvent. While changes can be made after this date due to emergency speaker changes or additions, the information will already be live to participants.
|February 23, 2024
|Session Materials Due Presenters must submit final slides and other materials via Cvent. Presentations will be available to conference attendees via the conference mobile app. Materials mentioned during the session that were not included originally can be added after the event.
|April 19, 2024
|Accelerating Health Equity Conference Kansas City, Mo.
|May 7-9, 2024